Welcome to the Shoryudo
The Shoryudo is a tourism route that covers a wide region in the center of the Japanese archipelago, where east and west meet.
A sightseeing course of attractive "SHORYUDO"
The Shoryudo consists of four suggested tour routes designed to accommodate a trip lasting five to nine days.
- 18/08/31 Discover the local gastronomy: Cook with the local grannies!
- 18/08/16 Two Days of Driving Around the Roof of Japan
- 18/08/10 Summer in Nagano Means ‘Hanabi’ (Fireworks)!
- 18/08/04 Go Waterfall Hunting — Naena Falls
- 18/07/31 Outdoor Activities for the Whole Family in Northern Nagano
- 18/07/25 Climbing the Yatsugatake Mountains: Mt. Neishi-dake
- 18/07/17 The Japanese Alps are an Overlooked Gem
- 18/07/09 Renting a Car in Japan
- 18/07/01 Escape up to Utsukushigahara
- 18/06/22 Seven Ways to Enjoy the Kiso Valley this Summer
- 18/05/23 Let’s visit a blacksmith’s!
- 18/05/22 Planting Rice and Tasting Sake in Hakuba
- 18/05/18 Where to See Flowering Fields in Nagano
- 18/05/02 Spring Flowers in the Japanese Countryside: the Iiyama Nanohana Festival
- 18/04/24 Cycling and Cherry Blossoms in Spring: the Alps Azumino Century Ride
- 18/04/13 Cherry Blossoms and the Japanese Alps
- 18/03/22 Nagano’s 2018 Cherry Blossom Forecast
- 18/03/18 Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada’s Newest English Map and How To Videos
- 18/03/01 New Train Pass for Exploring Karuizawa, Nearby Hot Springs, and More!
- 18/02/15 Escaping the Slopes for a tour of Japan’s Samurai Past
Tourist Site Search
Tourist sites of every kind are scattered throughout the Shoryudo.
Enter some search criteria to find places that interest you.