Kanaya-machi (Rows of latticed houses)
Kanaya-machi is a beautiful townscape of traditional timber latticed-front houses along a 500 meter long stretch of quaint cobblestone street. The towns’ history and culture is most popular among tourists. Kaneya-machi is the oldest part of Takaoka City, formed in 1609 by Maeda Toshinaga the second feudal lord of Kaga Domain (modern-day southern Ishikawa Prefecture), who established a casting foundry in Kanaya-machi to bring prosperity to the soon to be completed castle town of Takaoka. The town flourished as the center of the local copperware industry.
- Life / Culture
|Contact address||Kanayama-machi Honcho, Takaoka, Toyama 20 minutes’ walk from Takaoka Station (Ainokaze Toyama Railway)|