Nagoya Castle, famous for a pair of golden dolphins, is one of the golden spots in Nagoya City sightseeing, which is frequently visited by inbound tour groups from Taiwan, Korea and China. In 1612, the castle was constructed by the order of Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu as the residence for his son, Yoshinao. The castle buildings were destroyed by fire during the war, however, 3 corner keeps, 3 gates and a part of Nihomaru (secondary enclosure of the castle ground) garden survived. In 1959, the castle tower, the smaller donjon and the main gate were reconstructed. The inside of the castle tower with 7 stories and basement level 1 serves as exhibition floors for the castle collections and special exhibitions. The observation floor is on the top floor. Currently, Honmaru (the main palace) reconstruction project is underway, and is scheduled to open to the public in 2018.
|Traffic access||Nagoya Municipal Subway "Shiyakusho"station on Meijo Line, about 5 minutes walk from Exit 7Get on Nagoya sightseeing bus route "Meguru" 20 minutes from JR Nagoya station15 minutes by taxi from JR Nagoya station|
|Contact address||1-1, Hommaru, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken|